Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The "Best Before Date"

One of the duties I have when grocery shopping with Donna is to check the "Best Before Date". Whether it's a bottle, can, carton, box or frozen food, I diligently search and scour for this very important date. With all the political unrest going on in our world and especially the Middle East, weird weather patterns, destructive earthquakes and resulting tsunami's, there is growing speculation as to whether or not these are heralds that the end is near. I've even seen a billboard and a nicely decorated van around town with warnings that the end of the world will occur on May 21, 2011. Nice try! I don't know when and neither does anybody else. I don't know if all the events that are going on around the world are harbingers of a coming apocalypse, but I do know that this world does have a "Best Before Date" and it's probably a very good idea to have your life in order and be ready for His coming before this date....after all, "No man knows..."

No comments:

Post a Comment