Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm in love

I'm in love. She's as cute as can be. I love her personality. Her blonde hair and her big, bright blue eyes. Her smile. The way she calls my name. We go on walks together. We bike together. Over the Memorial day weekend I flew down to see her. I've never told her, but she has me wrapped around her little finger. But there's a little problem. You see, this other woman that I love is not Donna and she doesn't seem to mind this at all. Ok, stop the wandering of your mind. Her name is Samantha Hope and she's my granddaughter.

Throughout the time we had with her and Graham, I just couldn't help but think that these two precious grandchildren of ours are a link between the past and the future. Sam and Graham are the images of what was, and what was to be. Should God decide not to show up again on October 21 or next December, I am excited to see what wonderful, custom designed, personalized plan God has in store for my grandchildren. (Jer. 29:11)

This should come as no surprise to anyone reading this that God does not have grandchildren only children. One day in the near future both Sam and Graham will have to make a decision. The same kind of decision that Donna and I made over 36 years ago. It will not be based on our relationship or the relationship that Sam and Graham's parents have with God. Each of them will have to accept His offer to become one of His kids. I'm looking forward to the day that happens.

That offer is available to everyone, always. Have you accepted His offer of grace, forgiveness and unconditional love? All you have to do is ask. How about today?

Just sayin'

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you guys!!!! We are in that same kind of love, 4 times over with our 3 grandaughters and 1 grandson!! It's so wonderful. Continue to pray for you and Donna. So good to know we belong to Him. God Bless, Linda

    ReplyDelete