Monday, April 25, 2011

Who's is that following me?

I am very happy to report that I have not spent a lot of time in the wonderful judicial system of our county. I haven't needed to simply because I, for the most part, am a law abiding citizen. Ok, so I don't come to a complete and full stop when no one's looking. From what I understand, a restraining order is a form of legal injunction that requires a party to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts. Stay with me....

It seems that Wesley Fitzpatrick of Kansas City was granted a restraining order against a woman who Wesley claimed was stalking him. I quote, "I was scared and in fear for my freedom." I don't know about you, but having someone stalking me would probably un-nerve me too.

However, the restraining order did not last vey long and I'm sure you'd like to know why. It was discovered that the woman stalking Mr. Fitzpatrick was in fact his parole officer who was just trying to perform her supervision responsibilities. Wesley was arrested and taken into custody for failing to keep his appointments with his parole office.

I wonder how many individuals have a restraining order issued against God? They feel and sense His presence, and get this uncomfortable feeling that Someone is watching every move they make. Everywhere they go It's there. They can't hide. They can't run. They can't get away. (Cue the music from "Jaws".

Just as Mr. Fitzpatrick discovered, a restraining order against God isn't going to work either. Does God want you to keep your appointments with Him? Absolutely! In prayer, in His Word, in devotions, and in quiet times. I wonder, if there was a penalty for not keeping our appointments with God what would it be? Just sayin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment