Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Golden Arches

Last week I had a procedure done. In preparation for this I had to be without food from Monday evening to Wednesday late morning. Needless to say I was quite hungry. As my I.V. was being inserted into my hand, the nurse asked if I had had anything to eat yesterday or today and of course I said no. I asked her if the facility, as a nice gesture for it's patients, brought in Mickey Dee's. She laughed, said no and told me that she had never, and I repeat never, had eaten at McDonald's.

Not once had a Big Mac, or an McMuffin, or a McChicken, or those tasty fries had ever crossed her lips. I almost got emotional. I had no idea that these kind of people even existed. I don't know how old she was but in all her years of life to have never darkened the doors of a McDonald's is almost inconceivable. I guess I've had it in the back of my mind that just inside heaven's door would surely be Golden Arches.

I know that the odds are probably slim, but I have a feeling that there are many others, even in Elkton, who have never been to a McDonald's and tasted the somewhat good food that is served there.

As far as I know, there are three McDonald's between North East and Bear to choose from.
There are over 100 churches in that same area. I wonder how many people in Elkton have never tasted the goodness of God's grace?

Perhaps, you are like that nurse and have never tried a Big Mac or those tasty fries. I'm not sure, but hey, you might get to have them in heaven. If you or anyone else you know have never tasted of God's goodness, grace, or forgiveness, then their loss is forever. Why not invite them to dine with you next Sunday. They could be "lovin' it" with you.

Forever is a very, very long time without God and it's especially long without a Big Mac and fries.

Just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment